Friday, December 11, 2009

scare and thankfulness!

so we had quite the scare this week! On Tuesday I was at home and my Dr called to tell me that "something caught his eye" on Graham's brain scan that we got done a few weeks ago...he wanted us to come immediately the next day and get it retaken. He assured us that it was just a bad angle but he wanted to make sure.

I can't begin to express the panic that goes through your veins when you hear news like that. So needless to say I hung up, called my husband, told him the news and immediately burst into tears (now when I say tears, I mean wailing sobs!:)) The fear was overwhelming.

So 24 hours later we were at the Dr's getting the scan retaken and the moment the Dr. scanned the brain a huge smile came across his face and he said, "His brain is perfect! He is a perfectly healthy baby boy" About 350lbs lifted off of me and I was elated!

Now every time I feel this little guy kick a huge smile covers my face and I tears come to my eyes because I am sooooooooooooooooo thankful for him...I can't believe how much I love this boy and I barely know him...I can't wait to meet him and I can't wait to have to worry about him every day for the rest of my life! :)

I'm coming to realize what an amazing blessing a child is, but also what an immense responsibility God is giving us, not only to keep this child safe, but to raise him to LOVE and SERVE our Lord...awesome awesome responsibility. I am so thankful for it. I am sure there will be many more times that issues with Graham will bring me to tears in his life but I am so thankful for it and pray daily that I will trust the Lord with whatever he brings in our lives...

hey and we got a free ultrasound:) he's pretty cute if I do say so myself:)

No comments: