I told him that I KNOW that he's mine but no it has not hit me that I have a baby:)haha...until yesterday...
We were sitting in the dr's office waiting for my postpardum check up and a dad and son walked in (they were picking up the mom from her appt). They sat down and the son got out his homework- he was about 8 or 9 yrs old. They started working on it together. I looked over at Greg and he was watching them too. That's when it hit me. Really for the first time- we have a family. I not only have a baby, I have a son, a son that before I konw it will be bringing home his homework and need help with it, a son who will play sports and we'll go to his games, a son who will graduate high school, go off to college, get married and one day have a family of his own.
Sometimes when I look at his precious little face I can't imagine the rest of his life, but that's when it hit me yesterday, I have a family. I have a son who will grow up. I don't want him to grow up. I want him to stay this little (although I will enjoy having more sleep later on in his life:)).
But as much as I don't want him to grow up it fills me with great excitement about the rest of his life and our future as a family- I know there will be sad times and great times, hard times and easy times, there will be challenges as we do our best to raise him to love and serve the Lord, but all in all I feel sooooo blessed to be this little guy's mom.
I have my own family:) and I LOVE it! :)
1 comment:
So cute! I love this post! I'm so happy for you guys. We never could have imagined all this at wolbi huh? Isn't it wonderful to see how God directs and blesses our lives?!
Post a Comment