Yay...i have reached the 3rd trimester! I am so excited but also starting to get a little overwhelmed thinking about April coming so soon. There is so much to think about, getting Graham's room ready, touring the hospital, pre-registering at the hospital, and all that, let alone, giving birth and the responsibility of raising a child in this sin-filled world!
The other day in the middle of a time out of one of my team's bball games (really horrible timing to have this thought) I looked up from the huddle and saw a mother holding her 2 yr old's hand and all of these panic thoughts ran through my head. Thoughts like, "what am I doing? How can I have a baby? It doesnt' end there- I have to raise this kid, I have to have this kid through toddler stage and childhood and teenage years and for the rest of my life I am responsible for this life!"
wow what a responsibility...don't get me wrong, I am thoroughly excited and KNOW that God will give us the strength and wisdom in raising Graham and any future kids we have, but the thought hits me every once in a while of "what in the world am I thinking having a baby!" haha
I think it's just that the time is getting closer and I am so excited to be a mom and all that it entails but I'm also overwhelmed at the job it's going to be. I think it would be much easier to raise kids if I was unsaved, I know that sounds horrible but I desire so badly to glorify God and have my kids grow to love Him and glorify Him also, even at a young age, so the task of raising them in this world that does everything the opposite of the commands of Christ seems very daunting...
But I look foward to the challenge and instilling in my children the love of the Lord and the desire to love Him and glorify Him- I can't wait!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment