Wednesday, July 16, 2008

getting ready for school...

When I was a kid, I always hated that by July 4th there was already "back to school" flyers in the mail.

Now that I'm a teacher and I have to be in my classroom to get ready for the next year in the middle of July, I think it's worse than when I was a kid.

These past two weeks I've spent my days organizing, rearranging, cleaning, making lesson plans, etc. My room looks great and I feel very ready for school but it's just amazing to me that it feels like we just got out of school, and in 4 weeks from today we will start again! Amazing.

I have to admit I'm looking foward to this year. The theme for this year is "More of Christ" based on John 3:30 where it says, "He must become greater and I must become less."
I really think it's to be great. We're really focusing on helping the kids live there lives to be more like Christ. It's going to be awesome.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hey Katie! Glad to see you have a blog again....So who is this Greg i read about on your facebook?