Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our Thankgiving Tree

I am really working on making important holidays (like Thanksgiving) more than just food, football and family. I want to instill in my children a love for Jesus and thankfulness to Him for who He is, what He has done and what He is going to do, in everyday life, but especially in holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.

I have many ideas of things to do over the next few months with the kids and I am very excited about them!

One is the Thanksgiving tree. Each day we say one thing we are thankful to Jesus for and write it on a leaf and hang it on the tree. By Thanksgiving the tree will be FULL, just like I hope our hearts will be while celebrating what Christ has done in and for us.

1 comment:

Drew and Kristin said...

I just happened to check your blog today and saw this post on a Thanksgiving Tree. I thought it was funny because just today I decided to do the same thing with my kids! :) Great minds think alike! ;)

Love reading your blog and seeing your sweet kids!

~ Kristin Borton