A friend of mine shared with me the story of her cousins baby girl, Simi. Simi was 7 months old when they found out she had leukemia. I followed her daily on her caringbride website and wept and prayed along with this family as Simi went through chemo, medicines and a bone marrow transplant. Simi went home to be with Jesus this morning - just a few weeks after her 1st birthday...
As I read the news, Graham was sitting in my lap and Aliza was kicking like crazy. Tears just started streaming down my face for this precious family I don't even know. Not for Simi, she is healed from her leukemia and is in the presence of Jesus and that is so awesome, but for Simi's two older sisters and her mom and dad.
I can't imagine the pain they must be going through, being given that wonderful gift of life and only one year later having her taken away from them so terribly by cancer.
This family has an amazing outlook, even through their pain, they praise God for Simi's short life and that she is now with Jesus.
As I sit here and type this I am overcome with grief for them, I can hear Greg laughing and Graham squealing as he splashes daddy with water from the bathtub, and Aliza kicking at the computer invading her limited space in my belly...I am so blessed with a healthy little boy and so far a healthy baby girl. I know I will squeeze Graham a little harder tonight, hold him a little longer and hug him a little more as I thank God for the precious gift He gave me, all while keeping in mind that Graham is really His and He has just given him to me for a short time. I will cherish every moment I have.
Please pray for this family, Sam, Elizabeth and their two young daughters Sophie and Katie as they grief their loss.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/georgiasimigoodwin
No comments:
Post a Comment