I posted yesterday to pray for a young man at BCS, he was a freshmen. He was just a few days ago, diagnosed with leukemia (a type that is very treatable); however because of his low red blood cell count, he got pnemonia and had a lot of fluid on his lungs. He was admitted to the hosptial Saturday and put in a medically induced coma to help with the fluid on the lungs. Yesterday morning we heard word that there was some sort of complication but didn't know what. Anthony went home to be with the Lord yesterday evening.
I didn't know him hardly at all, he was new at BCS this year so I never taught him, but Greg had him and Greg talked about him a lot. He told me what a great kid he was. Every time I would go to school to see Greg, Anthony would always say hi to me and Graham.
Last night after we heard I went into Graham's room and was just checking on him as he slept. As I watched him sleep so soundly all I could think about was how Anthony's mom looked at their little baby sleeping in his crib and probably coulnd't imagin that in 14 years they would be watching him take his last breath.
I took Graham out of his crib and just held him and rocked him as he slept for a while last night. I can't imagine the pain his parents and siblings are going through.
Anthony did know the Lord and right now is with his Savior and that is so incredible to think about. Death, especially the death of someone so young, is so hard to understand but Praise the Lord for the victory over death and that the sting of death has been taken away because of the eternal life he bought for us with His blood!
Please pray for this family, pray for the students at BCS, this is hitting them pretty hard because it happened soooo quickly, and pray for Greg- he's pretty shaken up about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment