Saturday, February 26, 2011

the Miracle of Birth...

I had my first Dr's appt. yesterday and while there they gave me a "congratulations" gift full of samples, coupons, and magazines. One of the magazines is a detailed (with pictures)account of the pregnancy process from conception to birth. The pictures are amazing!

In the very beginning of the 1st month article it reads, "We begin a story so astonishing that no novelist could have imagined it, this intricate, mysterious dance of molecules and cells that creates a unique human being. Truly, the more you know about the growth of a baby in the womb, the more remarkable it becomes." I laughed when I read this and a HUGE smile came across my face! They are right, this is a story so unique that only a Sovereign, personal, incredible CREATOR could have thought of it! If anything should make you discount evolution it should be the miracle of birth!!

Then later on it says, "Despite all the advances in biology and genetics, no one can explain how every cell in the embryo knows what to do and what part of the body to become; that remains one of the many mysteries of how human life develops." I would just like to say this in response to that quote... " I KNOW!" haha isn't it awesome being intimately related to the creator of the universe??

When I was pregnant with Graham I was so ready (from literally the moment I found out I was prego) to have him that I didn't appreciate pregnancy- in fact, I didn't enjoy it either, I was crampy, bloated, fat, had back aches, hungry all the time, morning sickness, acid reflux, etc. I just wanted it over with and to hold my baby!

This pregnancy is already soooo different, now don't get me wrong, morning sickness is right around the corner, I've already hit the stage where food sounds good so I make it and then the smell makes me vomit, changing Graham's diaper today almost made me lose it, BUT I am soooooo much more amazed at the process of the developing human being inside of me this time around. I am so thankful for the little aches and pains and the morning sickness because it means I have a baby growing in there:) I can't wait to hear it's heartbeat for the first time (which I just read that it's heart has already developed and is already beating!!!). I can't wait to feel it move inside of me (last time I just thought it was weird). I am so excited for every day of this pregnancy and am not going to wish it away but am going to love it.

So with a smile on my face and a ginger ale in hand I am praising God for this rice sized miracle growing inside of me right now! What an AWESOME God we serve!!

No comments: