Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why do YOU vote?

This has been on my heart for the past two years, since the Presidential election of 2008. The question of why someone actually goes out to the polls and where they put their vote.

As a Christian I believe that this answer HAS to be different than an unbeliever. We are held to a higher standard as Christians, in how we live, how we act, what we say, and yes, how we vote. One day each one of us will stand before Christ and be judged on what we did on this earth, including voting.

I'm frustrated because there are many Christians I know voting merely for issues like taxes, employment, and political issues like that instead of moral issues. I agree that those issues are important as American citizens, and that we should be concerned and vote accordingly; however, moral voting is vital as Christians. Where these politicians stand on abortion, gay rights, protection of marriage, etc., is MUCH more important to me (and should be to every Christian), than taxes.

I cannot stand before Christ someday knowing that I voted for someone that stands for things that my Jesus not only stood against, but DIED for!

So for me, voting has been and will ALWAYS be focused on moral issues. I encourage yours to be also!

Besides that, if I vote for morality and the opposite gets elected, guess what- Christ is still sovereign and still in control and according to scripture he has put him/her in office, so I have done my part before Christ, and He can and will take care of the rest! So happy that I can put my trust (and our country's future) in Him!

No comments: