I cannot believe it's been 9 years since that horrible day! I remember that day like it was yesterday, I was sitting in English class my senior year when my principal came into our classroom to tell us what happened. I remember not believing him at first and then going to our next class and watching the news and seeing everything happen and the towers fall...
America changed that day. People unified, there was no division between Democrats and Republicans and everyone turned to God once again.
I look at our country 9 years later and it breaks my heart. The words, "under God" are being fought for to keep in our pledge, if a kid prays to Jesus in school he could get discriminated against, a "Christian" preacher is planning on burning the Koran tomorrow, homosexual marriages are not just legal now in most states but are glorified in our society, babies are aborted in numbers every day, children are being sold into sex slavery, disrespect is rampant, fowl language is part of most young people's vocabulary, the church is catering to the unsaved for "numbers" sake, and preaching only about a loving God, forgetting to preach about the just God we serve, parents are not teaching their children to fear and love the Lord, people think they are Christians because they go to church, young people who grow up in the church are leaving it once they graduate from high school...
...and I have to raise my son in this world. It breaks my heart and scares me to think how in the world my husband and I are going to protect him from the violence of this world, but also how are we going to teach him to love Jesus Christ with everything he has, and to not just go to church, but to have an passionate desire for His Word, His laws and to follow hard after Christ.
Then I realize that he will be looking at his daddy and his mommy to see how to do that and my burden gets even heavier. What a responsibility, it's not just teaching him those things, it is DAILY SHOWING him by example how to love Christ in this evil world.
Praise God we are not doing this but He is. Praise God that He is giving us the strength to show Him to our son. Praise God that He gave us godly parents to look to as examples of how to raise our children to love the Lord (I pray that I do half as good of a job and am half the example that my parents were to me), and most of all Praise God for His Word that will give me all the help I need and I can learn all I need to pass it on to Graham.
I pray each day that Graham not only grows up to know and love the Lord passionately, but that he will grow up in a country that still trusts in God and live freely to serve God. And if our country continues down this path and turns from God to the point where Christians will be persecuted for our beliefs I pray that He will stand up for Jesus (well actually i pray that Christ returns before that happens:)).
No comments:
Post a Comment