I'm beginning to think more and more about this as my pregnancy advances, the thought of raising kids in this world scares the living daylights out of me. Not becuase I don't trust God, because I do more than anything, not because I don't think with his help I can do it, because I do, and not because i'm scared of the world in a terrified sense because I am not.
What I am scared of is subjecting my kids to the ungodliness that pervades this generation, a generation that thinks that taking the Lord's name in vain is not a big deal, a generation that justifies disrespect with humor, a generation that wants "fire insurance" and then to do what they want as they coast to eternity! I am not scared of the drugs, alcohol abuse, rapist and murderers, I'm scared of teaching my kids to live their lives like Christ when they are surrounded by kids and other adults who ARE NOT!
It blows my mind when I hear parents justifying clearly ungodly actions because of humor, it breaks my heart when kids disrespect authority and don't even realize they are doing it because they've never been taught was respect is, it scares me to think that my kids have to grow up in this world of sin and I can only do so much to prepare them to live their lives like Christ instead of their peers (especcially when peer influence is so strong).
I with I could raise them in the boondocks of Alaska where they would be sheltered from all of this- i know that is NOT practical and honestly would be a detriment to them, but I so want to live my life in such a way that I am becoming more and more like Christ and my desire is for other Christians to feel that way too, but the more and more i'm in the world the more and more I see "Christians" coasting to eternity and according to scripture that is the farthest from how we are to live.
It breaks my heart. I know with God's help and his grace I will be able to help my kids see what Christ has commanded them but to me it's so simple. Christ commands it. that's all. You do it because He said to. And in doing that you will glority Him and become more like Him. That's life in a nutshell. It's not that hard.
I just want to be more like Christ. I want my kids to be like Christ. Not so I can say "woo hoo look at me or my kids" but so God can say, "well done, my good and faithful servant!"
No comments:
Post a Comment